Wednesday 13 August 2014

What's in my Suitcase?

So when your limited to a 15kg suitcase, packing can be the worst part of the holiday; should I take the wedges I so dearly love or is after sun more important? Personally I am the worst packer, I seem to take enough clothes to last me an eternity and seem to only wear 2kg worth. This summer I learnt my lesson as me and my other half had to share a 15kg suitcase so I HAD to limit my packing habits. When your packing with a man who has size 12 feet and insists on taking two pairs of shoes, believe me it was a struggle.
After seeing the competition from the Bloggers Lounge and Eurobreakdown.com I decided that I would share my packing essentials...


1. - Gadgets and gizmos; you can never take enough pictures, what better way is there to save a memory. Taking any form of ipod or Mp3 player is a lifesaver when your stuck travelling, its calming and helps ease the boredom. Please remember chargers!

2. - Accessories; colorful accessories brighten up any outfit, make the most of it on holiday, especially pastel colours, they look great with a tan. Lets face it, its definitely more acceptable to walk around on holiday with your hair filled with flowers, looking like a rose garden, than walking round Manchester.

3. - Products - On holiday these 3 were my go to products. Got2be salt spray, it saves doing your hair when you can get away with that beach look. Simple eye roll on, after 3 hours on a plane with unnecessary air conditioning my eyes felt like they had shriveled like prunes, this was a god send. It is also great for sunburn. Boots body spray, great for just having in your beach bag to cool you down and to keep you smelling fresh as a mango ;)

4. - who wears short shorts? I do love dresses but shorts are a must, especially if your walking a lot. I picked up the denim pair at Primark and the cotton pair at Tkmaxx (super bargains).

5. - Kimono - great for wearing over your bikini or to dress up a plain outfit. Also, super great if like me you tend to get sun burnt and feel chilly at night.

6.- Bikini - If your going abroad and its hot and there is sea or a pool then why not, this little number is from River Island! there is some gorgeous swimwear out at the minute. For those a little more body conscious Next have some gorgeously flattering one pieces in.

7. - Dress's & Sandals - Lets face it we have all been to Primark and spent £50 on numerous pairs of flip flops and gladiator sandals in numerous colours and styles when really all you need is an essential pair that go with everything. If your wanting to cut down on baggage weight try and find a neutral pair that match every outfit, these I picked up from Tkmaxx. Evening wear, some nights may just be spent BBQ'ing but others may need a little more sophistication, white is a super colour to wear with a tan so make sure you save your best outfit till last, you'll be glowing!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment